My photo
kepulauan borneo
seorang ninja
tap. tap. tap. bunyi tapak kaki beruang yang comel berlalu pergi.

16/12/2012

ayam masak kicap

..Assalamu'alaikum..

Mood harini mau berbahasa Inggeris sepanjang masa. Kalau ndak tau tu, komen-komen jak ya :3

Well, my parents and little sisters went to Kuala Lumpur this holiday. They'll be there for a week starting from 9 December if I am not mistaken. Well, I don't really remember. ^^" 
      Due to my parents not at home except for my grandmother, brothers and me, I need to run the house because the guys are really lazy to help me put, and my grandmother is not well. (Okay, LIED! The boys have a things to do!) 
     Honestly, I know everything about running the house, except for one thing, cooking! I love cooking, but I never cooking for real! (Except for cooking instant noodles, making some boiling egg, frying egg, and making tea I guess. -.-") See! I am really don't know if I can cook! 
     But guess what, recently, (okay, it was on Thursday!-.-") I cooked! Well, I cook with no recipes. The recipes are made by myself, and it was spectacular! ^_^ (hee~ I am so happy!~) Honestly, I was trying to recall on how my Umi cook a chicken soy sauce. Unfortunately, I didn't remember it well, so I just 'main sagap' it is the Sabahan people language in cooking the chicken!
     Okay, enough said, let me share with you my own sweet soy sauce chicken recipe inspired from my Umi!

Ingredients:
1 chicken breast [cut into small pieces]
2 stalks of lemongrass
1 large onion (bawang besar) [crushed]
3 cloves of garlic [crushed]
3/4 inch of ginger
2 teaspoons of pepper or white pepper [crushed]
6 table spoons of sweet soy sauce
1 table spoon of oyster sauce
200-400 ml of boiled water (air masak) or distilled water (air suling)
Turmeric powder, salt and cooking oil adequately
1 tomato [cut into 4 halves]
1 cucumber [sliced]
1/2 tablespoon of corn starch [to make the dressing thick]
10 chilies (cili padi) [for spiciness]

Method:
  1. Frying the chicken, then set aside or let it chill.
  2. Saute all of the crushed ingredients including pepper, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and water.
  3. Let the sauce boiled, then add in tomato, the fried chicken and chilies.
  4. Test the taste, then let it cool.
  5. Ready to be served! Good to be served together with cucumber and rice! ^_^

*how to frying chicken = just mix the chicken all together with turmeric powder and salt. Then fry them all together using an oil in the pan!
*for the chicken, actually you could use any kind of chicken meat, but remove the bones. :)
*for the vegetables, you can switch them with mixed veggies or not even put any veggies in the food!
* vegetables (tomato and cucumber), corn starch and chilies are optional.

     Okay, do you think its a lot of ingredients? Trust me, those ingredients are easily can be found at your house and in your backyard, if you ever planting and rearing chickens! :P


Sambil masak-masak tu, jangan lupa selawat dan berzikir la. In sha Allah, sedap tu masakan!

Happy cooking peeps!~ ^_^

اللّهُمّ صَلّ عَلَى مُحَمّدٍ وَآلِ مُحَمّدٍ